Thursday, June 30, 2011

How are YOU Taking Care of YourSELF today? : )

Namaste Angels!

I AM taking care of myself today by starting this blog.  How are you taking care of yourself today?
This blog is for YOU!  It's for Me.  It's for Everyone.

I have this...habit, and I suspect you out there may know what I'm talking about.  So, it's like this: we are in bed at the end of a long day and since today was less than stellar, we imagine that tomorrow is going to be totally AWESOME!  We plan to wake up 20 minutes early and take care of yourself by doing something absolutely delicious just to fill our own well.  You know that thing you want to do that is totally none essential to the western world of "doing" - yet is completely essential to the inner world of "BEING" and truly LIVING!

Maybe it's meditating, exercising, yoga, journaling, reading the Sunday paper (even though it's Wednesday).  Maybe it's emailing someone to say: "I'm sorry" or, "I need help with..." or, "I miss you" or, "I love you".  Maybe it's writing that: book, blog or screenplay you have inside you.  Maybe it's calling an old friend, playing the guitar badly, singing to your dog or waxing some body part...whatever it is... it's something Only You Can Do For You, to Take Care of YOU!

Then it happens... life!   The alarm clock goes off and we hit the snooze alarm.  The 20 minutes scheduled for first thing in the morning gets shifted to lunch time, then lunch comes and suddenly there's more work to do --- so "self care time" is pushed to the end of the workday.  That arrives and a friend calls with an emergency or you're so wiped out you think well...I'll just scrap "me" today and give it a go tomorrow.  But SURPRISE! tomorrow is like today but you're 24 hours older and seemingly none the wiser or happier.

I'm at a place in my life where I am truly waking up to the need to take care of  mySELF.  I say SELF in all caps because it's our true SELF, our SOUL, that eternal part of us that was never born and will never die - yet it always exists and always needs tending to, nurturing, loving.

I grew up believing those who put themselves at the top of their "to take care of list" were the worst thing in the world... SELFISH.  Now I know in the realm of a balanced holistic life: Self Care is not selfish - it's Self Loving!

And so dear Angels, everyday I'm going to post something.  Some days it will be a lot, some days it will a little, but I know for me, I need to build constancy.

I INVITE YOU TO JOIN ME! Post "I AM taking care of myself..."  and fill in the blank with whatever.
You don't have to commit to everyday, whatever works for you.  It's an invitation to remind yourself to do it.  And an opportunity to see how other people are taking care of themselves.  Who knows, maybe you'll be inspired by someone else - or be the inspiration to another.  In the end, we are all ONE.

Today I AM taking care of myself by starting this blog.  How are you taking care of yourself today?

And So It Is!  ...Aloha from Hollywood, CA - Mz. Divine

No comments:

Post a Comment